BEACH PARK OFFCE:
Magnolia Boulevard and West Bay Drive (516) 431-1021
BEACH PATROL HEADQUARTERS:
National Boulevard on the beach (516) 431-1810 / (516) 431-7760
Lifeguards are responsible for the safety of the public when the Beach Park is open. Lifeguards are on duty from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM seven days a week throughout the Summer season (weather permitting). Check the City of Long Beach calendar for opening and closing dates. Surfing schedules can be found in the Long Beach Summer Booklet or at the Beach Park office or at Lifeguard Headquarters.
Long Beach Lifeguard Beach Patrol Safety guidelines for use of body boards:
- All body boards must have a leash cord attached. The cord must be used by the rider.
- All children under the age of 8 (must be watched by a parent or guardian)
- Only body boards may be used. No other floatation devices may be used on the City of Long Beach oceanfront. Inflatable tubes or water wings are strictly prohibited.
- Body boards are used at the discretion of the lifeguards on the beach. Body boards may be regulated as to time of day, distance from shore and number allowed. Please obey the lifeguards.
- In the event of rough water or other conditions that may prevail, the Beach Patrol Administration may ban the use of body boards for a period of time.
- The use of body boards and surf boards in the same bathing area is prohibited by Health Department regulation.
The safety regulations have been established to allow for the enjoyment of our patrons. They in no way imply that the use of body boards or surf boards are safe and will not result in injury.